How to Create a Modern Spa Inspired Bathroom
Like most people, I love a spa. Actually I think they're one of the best things ever if I'm being honest. They're so relaxing and rejuvenating.
My dream is to have a modern bathroom that resembles a spa as much as possible...if I could have the masseuse permanently on staff in my house...I'm pretty sure I would have that too:)
So I had a lot of fun designing this post. In a lot of ways this bathroom resembles my own dream spa-inspired bathroom. I designed it to have lots of texture and really play on organic shapes.
As always everything is available for purchase. Just click the images.
Decorating Ideas for a Modern Spa Inspired Bathroom
To shop the post simply click the images
Thoughts about this Modern Spa Inspired Bathroom
- The Lighting - When you think bathroom most people don't automatically think lighting, but I have to tell you that the right lighting in a modern bathroom can really make a huge difference. To really set this bathroom apart I chose a wooden chandelier with organic elements. The wood really will make you feel like you're in a far away place...and the effect will be even greater if you install a dimmer on the chandelier. I used to have a dimmer in my old bathroom that had a claw foot tub and it really was like heaven on earth.
- The Mirror - I then continued the round theme and chose a mirror to reflect the shape of the chandelier and to balance the rectangular shape of the dark wooden vanity.
- The Towels and Accessories - Then to soften the room, I chose ribbed a white ribbed bath towel set, a rounded facet for the vanity and a smooth white rounded bathroom accessories set.
- The Soaking Tub - And now to my favorite element of the room...the large soaking bathtub. I picked a sleek curved bathtub and paired it with one of my most neutral organic abstract canvas prints.
- The Wall Art - If your bathroom allows it I recommend hanging a large version right over the bathtub. If you have a large bathroom, I recommend downloading my eguide - How to Choose Art Sizes for Large Spaces. If you have a smaller bathroom download my eguide for small sizes on my freebies page.
- The Shelf - To suit the practical needs of a stand alone rounded tub, I chose an easy to move bamboo shelf that can be brought to the edge of the tub for easy access.
- Luxury Items for your Bath - I recommend stocking your shelf with a pumice stone, natural sponge, and one of my favorites lavender scented bath salts.
- The Bathmats - Lastly, I chose lightly textured white bathmats and a shower curtain to give the bathroom a clean look.
- The Hamper - I then chose a dark wood Asian inspired hamper to bring in more of that amazing spa feeling.
More Room Design and Artwork Ideas
For more decorating ideas and creative ways that you can display your artwork in your home or office, follow me on Pinterest.
Other Blog Posts that you might like: