How to Create a Sleek Stylish Living Room With Bright Artwork
Is your dream living room sleek with strong beige accents and bold color accents? I know a lot of people who love love love gold and beiges and I designed this stylish living room for them.
While designing it I realized how much gold really glams up a room....and almost has a 1950s Hollywood feel to it. Whenever I watch those old black and white movies from that time I wonder how much of the sleek gold set designs had bright accents. So I started to think of this room as the 1950s Hollywood living room of my imagination.
If my train of thought speaks to you...then keep on scrolling. This might just be the perfect stylish living room for you. As always everything is available for purchase. Just click the images.
Design and Artwork Ideas for a Sleek Stylish & Bright Living Room
Make your Home Inspirational.....Simply Click the Images to Shop.
Thoughts Behind this Sleek Stylish Living Room With Bright Artwork
- The Table Lamp - For this sleek stylish living room I started my design with the funky gold table lamp. I saw it and just knew that I had to include it. It's got great style!
- The Sofa - The next thing I did to find a long sofa that was modern and sleek enough to do it justice. So when I found the above beige sofa with long clean pillows and strong lines in its design I knew I had found the one.
- The Wall Art - Next, I had to add some bold color...so I picked out this super organic and bold yellow abstract canvas print. It really adds some pop to the the room without seeming out of place. I chose the rectangular version because I thought it would go best over the sofa; however if the sofa has to be in the middle of the living room because of your layout I would recommend getting the two square canvas prints from this series. Click here for version 1 and here for version 2. To figure out which size abstract canvas print would look best in your modern stylish living room download my free eguide below - How to Choose the Best Art Size for your Space. However, if you have a large living room, you may also want to download my free eguide - How to Choose Art Sizes for Large Spaces.
- The End Tables - Next I found this weather wooden end table with a glass enclosed drawer on the top. The glass top makes it a great place to display keepsakes or the gold and glass sphere shaped sculptures. You could also fill the drawer with either yellow or turquoise glass pebbles for a more bohemian look.
- The Rug - I wanted to make sure that the room had plenty of texture so I chose a dark beige rug with long loops.
- The Coffee Table - Next I found this super sleek glamorous coffee table that goes great with the gold table lamp. To make the room look compete I would recommend putting a coffee book table on one of your favorite subjects and this small turquoise and gold bowl sculpture.
- The Accent Chair - Lastly, I found this simple sleek teal chair that looks great with the yellow and beige theme of the room.
- The Wall Sculpture - In fact to celebrate this I chose one of my larger yellow and gold modern wall sculptures to be hung near or behind it.
- The Roman Shades - And to finish the room off I found these beautiful brown 'Jamaican Truffle' roman shades.
Inspired? If so, click on the each image to learn more and bring this stylish design to your home.
More Artwork and Loft Design Ideas
More decorating and loft design ideas plus creative ways that you can display your artwork in your living room, bedroom or office, follow me on Pinterest.
Other Blog Posts that you might like: