How to Create a Simple Stylish Modern Bedroom
I love color, but sometimes you just crave a more simplistic room with darker shaded. So this stylish modern bedroom is a testament to that mood. It's also a more masculine room design than I usually put out there....but still with the softness of my feminine propensities...making it a great room for a married couple.
If you like neutral tones with richer darker shades of color in your bedroom then this might be a great room design for you. If so, keep scrolling. Everything is available for purchase. Simply click the images.
Simple Designs and Artwork Ideas for a Stylish Modern Bedroom
Make your Home Inspirational.....Simply Click the Images to Shop.
Thoughts behind this Simple Stylish Modern Bedroom
- The Wall Art - I began this design with this dark red, lavender, brown and blue abstract canvas print. I like the complex and super organic feel of this piece and I knew that it would look great in a bedroom. If you have very high ceilings you can place the artwork above the headboard, but what I recommend actually is to get a larger sized print and hanging it next to the bed on a blank wall (if the layout of your bedroom allows). To figure out which prints sizes would work best in your space download my free eguide - How to Choose the Best Art Sizes for your Space from my freebies page.
- The Bed - So I then went about finding a bed with a large fabric that I knew would bring out the lovely blues of the artwork. When I found the above bed with its beautiful blue fabric on its sides and on the large headboard I knew I had a good start.
- The Side Tables - Next I found a simply designed dark wood side table for the bed and a white lamp with a curved bottom and a wonderful tan lampshade.
- The Bench - To give this stylish modern bedroom a touch of feminine softness I found a cushy white bench that would look great at the end of the bed. I love these benches. They're perfect for draping clothes across when you're trying to figure out what to wear and simply sitting when you're talking to your significant other.
- The Dressers - To compliment the simple design and dark wood of the side table I found two matching dresser with sleek simple lines. One is tall and great for sweaters, socks and underwear while the other is shorter with three levels of drawers and has a nice top for keeping jewelry, books, and other decorative objects such as this small. red and gold organic ceramic sculpture.
- The Mirror - I've also included this fabulous large circular mirror for above this dresser.
- The Accent Chair - For an extra feminine touch I chose a sleek white cushy accent chair for room corners and long white thermal curtains for privacy.
- The Rug - Lastly, I chose a textured beige jute rug to bring a grounded feeling to this simple stylish modern bedroom.